This is a great place to release my thoughts. You should find a place to release yours too.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Music & Life

You ever feel like there is a song that was just meant for you? How cliche I know.

But really...music and songs can lift us up and can provide support through hard times. They can give you happy memories and can also bring back some sad ones. But I find it odd that we will sometimes associate specific songs with certain times in our lives.

I was listening to a song the other day and I have heard it many times before. "And we'll all float on, ok. Don't worry we'll all float on. Even if things get heavy, we'll all float on." Simple lyrics like this made my day this week. I realized...I am going to be ok and no matter what happens, we will be able to overcome situations throughout life. Life was not meant to be easy. Well I take that back. Intentionally it was, but we are human and we screwed it up. But in doing that....aren't we able to appreciate things so much more?

Same band..."If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again. Well as life gets longer, awful feels softer. And it feels pretty soft to me."

Exactly. It sucks and makes me frustrated that 9 times out of 10 once we either lose something or make a bad mistake is when we realize what has happened and just then we begin to appreciate it or miss it. We make mistakes...we are not perfect, we will never be here on this earth.

I just thought about this now. How music is and has deeply impacted my life. I love music. I think it keeps my demons out. Well most of them. I think that some of my greatest memories come from music related scenarios if you will.

Lately I have been listening to a band, Forgive Durden. It is a musical or "rock opera". It is a beautiful story (at least I think so) about love and doing right and wrong. If you want, you could easily turn the whole thing into a spiritual cd. But I dont want to read into things tooooo terribly much.

Another band, Bon Iver. Whew. Amazing. So pretty. Cannot stop listening to them.

Have a good one.

-Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment