This is a great place to release my thoughts. You should find a place to release yours too.

Friday, February 19, 2010

The Future. What is out there? What will happen...?

What will happen in a week. A month. Year. 5 years. 10 years. ??? Does anyone know? I wish I did, but then I have to ask myself. Where would the excitement be?

I know we all say we want to know the future and what will happen, but I think the truth is, in most situations we should be patient and let it all play out. I know this is soooo much easier said than done. I mean I have been incredibly impatient most of my life. I am learning to be patient now.

I feel that it lowers your stress, blood pressure, craziness, and helps you sleep at night. I love to sit awake at night trying to decide how to "control" situations. Even when I know they are out of my hand. The sad thing is I clearly know this, but I still do it. Idiotic right? Well I have no excuse.

I was running last night and was listening to music that gave me a peace I have been waiting for. I wish it lasted longer, but even in the brief minute or 2 I felt so close and so connected. I wanted that feeling forever. I wanted to feel everything off my shoulders constantly.

I got that feeling because I asked for it. So I guess I will start to ask for it more often and I will begin to ask for 'future' guidance. A lyric that inspires me and gives me chill bumps every time I read it.

"Lord, show me the way. I ask of you Father, let my words be your words.
Let my thoughts be your thoughts.
To you, I give my praise.
Show me the way. Take me in your arms. Never let me go.
Lord, show me the way, as I give myself to you.
Never let me go.
Hold me with your everlasting love."

Only He will show me the way. Help me, please God.

-chris w.

No comments:

Post a Comment