This is a great place to release my thoughts. You should find a place to release yours too.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Start over with pain.

So. Pain. It can be and has been one of the most annoying things hanging around me recently. It has also been the most revealing and powerful "thing" to impact my life. What would life be without pain and hurt?

Probably amazing. But......that is not how our world is....and besides these situations can end up bringing the best out of us and change who we are as people, hopefully for the better. I think for some of us (I know for me) it takes drastic changes or events to take place in order to smack us in the head and cause us to realize what has been going on. I am trying to deal with that now and learn from it. I am trying to grow.

I am trying to grow up.

A song by brand new I have come to love is called daisy. This is just a portion.

I think it speaks a lot about growing and starting over. Starting new. Ultimately we cannot grow on our own. We need assistance.


"I'm a mountain that has been moved
I'm a fugitive that has no legs to run
I'm a preacher with no pulpit
Spewing a sermon that goes on and on...

Well if we take all these things and we bury them fast
And we'll pray that they turn to seeds, to roots and then grass
It'd be all right, it's all right, it'd be easier that way
Or if the sky opened up and started pouring rain
Like you knew he was trying to start things over again
It'd be all right, it's all right, it'd be easier that way"


I can relate. A lot.

"It'd be all right, it's all right. He is trying to start things over again."


Accept it. It is hard. I know cause I don't want to lose control. But I never really had it.

-Christopher Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment