This is a great place to release my thoughts. You should find a place to release yours too.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Praying for yourself.

I was always taught to be considerate of others. I was taught to treat them as I wanted myself to be treated. A thought crossed my mind over these past few weeks. Lately whenever I pray, I typically pray for my friends and family and thank God for the things I have and ask him to be with me.

In this specific "season" of my life, I am going through things I never thought I would. I have been thinking the next time I pray, I don't only pray about myself, but I ask God to please help and guide me through this time. I want to focus on the Lord comforting me and getting me through this "season" I am in. I want to be selfish and I want God with me right now. (I know he is with everyone) but I want him right now, because I know that without him, I cannot get through this.

I know he will do it, and is clearly capable of doing it. I just forget to actually pray for myself and admit to him how desperate and saddened I am. It is like I am ashamed or embarrassed to feel this way so I hide it from everyone around me the best I can.

So God. Please. I do need you. I want you to help me. I know you will. I love you.

-Christopher Adam Wilkerson

No comments:

Post a Comment